Inspired International Team produced one of its best performance and won the opening session at the 2019 Presidents Cup. Ernie El’s players won the Thursday’s Four-ball session with 4-1 and will head into Friday’s Foursomes with three points lead. The only red point on the scoreboard came from match number one where the USA captain Tiger Woods and his partner Justin Thomas defeated Marc Leishman and Joaquin Niemann with 4&3.
Thursday Four-ball results:
Here are our predictions for tomorrow:
- Louis Oosthuizen and Adam Scott are the most experienced players among the Internationals. The duo has pretty close style of play which is a huge advantage in this format. They will face former world number one Dustin Johnson and Matt Kuchar who was not playing today. Prediction: Win for the International Team
- Joaquin Niemann and Adam Hadwin will play against Xander Schauffele and Patrick Cantlay. Schauffele and Cantlay are grouped together again after today’s four-ball which they lost. Prediction: Win for Team USA
- Patrick Reed and Webb Simpson meet Abraham Ancer and Mark Leishman in match number three. Leishman knows the course very well and has the crowds on his side. Simpson is the best playing American and when we add Reed’s temper they can be very dangerous. Prediction: Win for Team US
- Justin Thomas and Tiger Woods will play together again. This time their opponents will be Hideki Matsuyama and Byeong-Hun An. Woods will be under pressure because of today’s results and this may affect his game. Prediction: Win for the International Tam
- In the last match of the day Cameron Smith and Sungjae Im will face Rickie Fowler and Gary Woodland. Smith is a rookie in the tournament and he have to deal with the pressure when playing in front of the home crowds. Fowler is the most experienced from the four and already has several Ryder and Presidents Cups in his CV. Prediction: Win for Fowler and Woodland